Saturday 6 October 2018

27th Sunday, Cycle B.

Mark 10: 2-16.
Ideology or God's plan.
It isn't easy to speak openly today about the Church's teaching on marriage. But Jesus did!
Ideology is so strong today - attitudes, lifestyles, me, myself and I.
It was strong in those days - legalistic prescriptions, which covered over attitudes, lifestyles, me myself and I.
But God's plan in beautiful and includes my transformation in grace so that I am made fit for the Kingdom. And if being fit for the Kingdom means being called to model your nuptial relationship on the spousal relationship of Jesus with the Church - then enter into that nuptial relationship and allow yourself to be transformed.
Ideology or the Gospel? 
We hear a lot from the ideologues, but not enough proclamation of the Gospel.

No comments: