Sunday 12 May 2013

For sale again.

I'm grateful to a reader for updating me about the status of Sawston Hall near Cambridge. It is for sale again, for the round sum of £6,000,000.
The Hall has a chapel and three hides. One of these hides is regarded as the finest hiding place in the country. This hide, and possibly all three, are work of the great saint, Nicholas Owen - the first saint whose story inspired me when I was a young boy. Unfortunately, when I visited the Hall in February 2004 I was unable to see the hides. (At that time the Hall was owned by Cambridgeshire County Council and was being used as offices.)
If you visit the website of Savills Estate Agents - http://search.savills.com/property-detail/gbcarslac110104 - you can see photos and floor plans which will amaze you.
If anyone could let me have the asking price I would be happy to secure a deal.

No comments: