Tuesday 13 October 2009

Moving up north

Continuing my drive north after a lovely stay at Port Macquarie I stopped briefly at another lively coastal port: Coffs Harbour. From there I headed up the Pacific Highway stopping at a delightful small town called Lennox Head. Here I parked up again and, taking off my shoes and socks, went for a long walk at the water's edge on 'Seven Mile Beach'. What a lovely treat my feet had and what a lovely beach for the people of Lennox Head to have on their doorstep.


Moving on up the coast, I made a final stop before Brisbane at the coastal 'resort' of Surfers Paradise. This place with its languid and baking beach, its towering appartment blocks and its bars put me in mind of the Industrial Revolution, but in the sun. I think that this is the most unpleasant place I have encountered yet in Australia.

No comments: