Saturday 2 March 2013

Aglow

Last weekend Youth 2000 held its weekend-long "Aglow" retreat in Leeds at Notre Dame Sixth Form College. Two hundred young people took part, many of them from Leeds and Yorkshire, but there were people from all over the country. I was able to devote the best part of Saturday to the event and was so pleased to walk into the presence of the Blessed sacrament and the throng of young people in the college's gym. It too me back to the very first Youth 2000 event which I took part in in this country at the end of 1997. A whole new generation is now being led into the Presence, and I felt again that same enthusiasm for the Faith in young people, which I had encountered then.
Thanks to the Youth 2000 organising team; the venue was great - it would be good to have more than one annual event in Leeds.

No comments: